Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Yellow Cards in Hand


Arms & Legs are a little sore this morning - but we all got our Yellow Cards, 
and our African Departures are just around the corner.
Tetanus,Typhoid, Malaria, Heb A, Hep B, Polio, 
Chickenpox, MMR, Yellow Fever and a host of others that I can't pronounce or spell :)

Though we wish to be good stewards of our immune system - we just want to acknowledge that our ultimate protection comes from God, no matter the pestilence we are exposed to.  We trust in the Great Physician, and his ability to bring us through the best and worst case experiences.

"Because he loves me," says the Lord,
"I will rescue him; I will PROTECT him, for he acknowledges my name.
Psalms 91:14

But as for me, afflicted and in pain –
may your salvation, God, PROTECT me.
Psalm 69:29

Do not withhold your mercy from me, LORD;
May your love and faithfulness always PROTECT me.
Psalm 40:11

May integrity and uprightness PROTECT me,
Because my hope, LORD, is in you
Psalm 25:21

May the LORD answer you when you are in distress;
May the name of the God of Jacob PROTECT you
Psalm 20:1